Thursday, November 5, 2009

Giving Blood for the First Time

We were excited to show off our bandages. hahaha

There was a blood drive at school on Tuesday so I signed up to donate when i heard about it a few weeks before. I was sort of nervous to give blood becasue one of my friends fainted last year. hahah So I went out to that bloodmobile at my appointment time and waited outside until I was called in. I was interviewed and they asked me questions like if I had ever had sex with someone with AIDS. hahah, luckily I passed.
I was seated on a bed and next to me was my friend Nehoa. He made me super nervous becasue he almost passed out and was getting all dizzy and had to stop early. I was like ahhhh. My nurse was this super funny tita so it was cool. The needle was HUGE! hahah holy crap. I didnt look while she was putting it in but i looked after and it looked really big. I wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be. It didnt even really hurt. I was glad.
Giving blood was a cool experience. Dad always gives blood so I guess that made me want to give blood when I could too. Ive had a lot of friends who've gotten into accidents and stuff like that and they've needed blood so I'm glad people donated then and saved their lives. You never know when your going to need blood I guess.

2 comments:

sanaejames photography said...

good for you civic-minded citizen. The pain of drawing blood doesn't bother me, but the thought of blood being drained from my body makes me feel sick. That's why I don't like all these dumb vampire shows and crap that are popular now.

Rob

gusgus said...

don't make excuses you menace to society you.